- News & Events
- Sixth form
- Contact Us
Telephone: 01246 201191 - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Resource Worker
From September 2017
30 hours per week/52 weeks per year
(3 days per week based at St Mary’s Catholic High School and 1 day per week based at St Mary’s Catholic Primary School)
SCP 23-26, Actual Annual Salary (pro-rata) £17,244 – £18,971
The Governors wish to appoint an individual to the new and exciting post of Family Resource Worker to work as part of our pastoral team in leading work with families to support the engagement and well-being of pupils at school and at home. He/she will work with families and school to plan and support learning and behaviour programmes, as well as supporting Early Help Assessments and acting as lead professional where appropriate.
Candidates will possess a good standard of education (minimum of 5 A*-C GCSEs or equivalent) and will need to demonstrate:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience of working with young people/children and families with complex needs
• Empathy with the needs of vulnerable children and families
• Ability to assess the needs of children and families and implement action plans
• A “can do” attitude including suggesting solutions, participating, trusting and encouraging others and achieving expectations
• Ability to relate to and promote the school ethos
• Commitment to the needs of the pupils, parents and other stakeholders
• Thorough understanding of safeguarding and procedures
Potential candidates are very welcome to visit the school before applying, giving you the opportunity to get a real sense of our values and vision for this new role. These visits can be arranged through the Headteacher’s PA, Mrs Gilding.
For further details of the role and an application form please visit the school website at www.st-maryshigh.derbyshire.sch.uk or contact Mrs Rachel Gilding, Headteacher’s PA (email@example.com) or by calling 01246 201191. Please note we do not accept CVs.
St Mary’s Catholic High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Closing date: 9.00 am on Tuesday 27 June. Interviews are scheduled to take place on
Monday 3 July 2017