Free Microsoft Office Download Instructions
**Please make sure that you have logged out of all Outlook.com and OneDrive accounts before continuing**
The download is in excess of 600MB. Please be aware of this if you are using a broadband contract which has a data usage limitation. The installation time can take between 10 minutes and several hours depending upon the speed of your broadband and the speed of your device.
To install Microsoft Office 365 for use on your personal device, please follow these instructions: Download Instructions
- Open your web browser and navigate to office.com
- Click on Sign in (Currently this is located in the top right of the webpage) – this will redirect you to a sign in page
- Enter the following in the top box:
School Username followed by @stmaryschesterfield.org.uk
Example – SimpsonH15@stmaryschesterfield.org.uk
- Enter your school password in the bottom box and press Sign In
- You will be offered the relevant version of Microsoft Office for the device you are using. Click Install to start the download.
- Run the installer when it has completed downloading.
You will be required to authenticate your user information within Office periodically so that your eligibility can be verified. The time frame of this is decided upon by Microsoft and not the school.
You are entitled to use this software on up to five of your own personal devices for the period that you study at St Mary’s Catholic High School – please see https://products.office.com/en-GB/student/office-in-education for terms and conditions (at the bottom of the page).
If you have to change your school network password (in school) then this will be reflected within the Office Online product within a few hours.