MEDICAL WELFARE ASSISTANT
Required from 4 January 2021
32.5 hours per week (term time only)
Monday to Friday, 8.30 am – 3.30 pm (including 30-minute break)
Annual Salary Grade 6, Point 6-8, £19,698 – £20,493 (FTE); £14,617 – £15,207 (actual salary)
St Mary’s Catholic High School are looking to appoint a highly organised and competent Medical Welfare Assistant to work in partnership with the Pastoral and Wellbeing Team at St Mary’s Catholic High School to provide support for the wellbeing of students and staff.
The post holder will be required to manage and run the school’s medical room; provide effective medical care and treatment, and administer medication and provide a first aid service for the school community.
The successful candidate will be:
- Experienced in working with children and young people including those with SEND.
- Able to undertake the duties of a First Aider and respond to CPR/medical emergencies of both pupils and staff.
- Able to remain calm when under pressure and employ tact and diplomacy in difficult/sensitive situations.
- Confident with excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Reliable, trustworthy and have an understanding of confidentiality issues.
- Able to maintain accurate and relevant medical records in a secure way; ensuring that the Data Protection Act/GDPR is followed.
Potential candidates would be very welcome to have an informal telephone discussion with the Senior Assistant Headteacher before applying. If you would like to do so or would like any further information please contact the Headteacher’s PA, Mrs Rachel Gilding.
The Governors are pleased to receive applications from candidates who are not Catholics but who are supportive of our distinctive ethos.
TO APPLY YOU MUST COMPLETE AND RETURN THE SCHOOL’S APPLICATION FORM. CVS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Application packs may be downloaded from the school’s website www.st-maryshigh.derbyshire.sch.uk or alternatively please telephone Mrs R Gilding, Headteacher’s PA on 01246 201191 (ext 2011) or e-mail email@example.com for further information or an application pack.
Closing date: 10.00 am on 24 November 2020
Interviews to be held on 1 December 2020
St Mary’s Catholic High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.