32 hours and 45 minutes per week x 39 weeks (term time only to include INSET Days)
Monday – Thursday 8.30 am – 3.45 pm
Friday 8.30 am – 2.45 pm
Annual Salary FTE Grade 8 SCP 14-18, £22,462 – £24,313 (pro-rata), £16,740 – £18,119 (actual salary)
St Mary’s Catholic High School are looking to appoint a highly organised, competent, and enthusiastic Librarian with a passion for books and reading, to lead and develop library provision in this outstanding school.
Applicants must have evidence of appropriate professional qualifications, e.g. Chartered Member of CILIP/degree or PGQ in librarianship or information management.
The successful candidate will be:
- Experienced in working in a school/college/HE or public library (2 years minimum).
- Confident with excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Committed to working with pupils to develop information retrieval/independent learning skills.
- A team player with a flexible approach and the ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines.
- Reliable, trustworthy and have an understanding of confidentiality issues.
- Sound in their knowledge and understanding of the organisational procedures required in managing a school library.
Potential candidates would be very welcome to visit the school prior to applying and if you would like to do so or would like any further information please contact the Headteacher’s PA, Mrs Rachel Gilding
TO APPLY YOU MUST COMPLETE AND RETURN THE SCHOOL’S APPLICATION FORM. CVS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Application packs may be downloaded from the school’s website www.st-maryshigh.derbyshire.sch.uk or alternatively please telephone Mrs R Gilding, Headteacher’s PA on 01246 201191 (ext 2011) or e-mail email@example.com for further information or an application pack.
Closing date: 10.00 am on Wednesday 18 September 2019
Interviews to be held week commencing 23 September 2019
St Mary’s Catholic High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.