EXAMS AND COVER OFFICER
Required as soon as possible
35 hours per week x 40 weeks (including 1 week ‘overtime’ during exam period)
Monday – Friday (7.00 am to 2.30 pm)
Annual Salary FTE Grade 7 SCP 9-13, £20,344 – £22,021 (pro-rata), £16,617.97 – £17,987.83 (actual salary)
St Mary’s Catholic High School are looking to appoint a highly organised, competent, and enthusiastic Exams and Cover Officer. He/she will be responsible for the administration, organisation, and management of internal and external examinations, as well as managing the day to day cover of teaching staff/rooming within school.
The successful candidate will be:
- Educated to A Level standard together with 5 GCSEs Grade 4 or above including English and Mathematics.
- Experienced in working in a busy office environment (school based would be advantageous).
- Able to remain calm when under pressure and employ tact and diplomacy in difficult/sensitive situations.
- Able to demonstrate proven experience of using their initiative and an investigative nature.
- Able to interpret information/data.
- Confident with excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Skilled in the use of IT software including Microsoft packages.
- Reliable, trustworthy and have an understanding of confidentiality issues.
Potential candidates would be very welcome to visit the school prior to applying and if you would like to do so or would like any further information please contact the Headteacher’s PA, Mrs Rachel Gilding
TO APPLY YOU MUST COMPLETE AND RETURN THE SCHOOL’S APPLICATION FORM. CVS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Application packs may be downloaded from the school’s website www.st-maryshigh.derbyshire.sch.uk or alternatively please telephone Mrs R Gilding, Headteacher’s PA on 01246 201191 (ext 2011) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or an application pack.
Closing date: 10.00 am on 24 January 2020
Interviews to be held week commencing 3 February 2020
St Mary’s Catholic High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.