St Mary’s Catholic High School will, through its Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) programme, provide you with the skills required to make informed choices, manage your progression through learning and help you to make the right choices about your education and preparation for work life. Careers Guidance will enable you to use the knowledge and skills that you develop to make the decisions about learning and work that are right for you.
The CEIAG entitlement at St Mary’s Catholic High School is in-line with the eight Gatsby Benchmarks of Good Career Guidance, which together, provide a coherent and progressive programme for each of you at each stage of your career.
The eight elements are:
• A high quality and stable Careers programme
• Clear links between curriculum learning and Careers
• Opportunities to learn from Career and Labour Market Information
• Encounters with employers and employees
• Experiences of workplaces
• Encounters with further and higher education
• Personal advice and guidance about learning and work options
• An impartial approach that addresses the needs of each pupil