If you’re a former student of St Mary’s Catholic High School, we want to hear from you!
Your experiences since leaving could help to motivate and inspire our current students to feel more confident in making decisions about their future. We’d love you to join our alumni network and stay connected with the school.
We’ve partnered with the national education charity Future First, who specialise in helping schools like ours to stay connected with their former students. Future First as an organisation has social mobility as their mission which we feel is hugely positive in terms of reflecting our aims and objectives in launching and developing a successful alumni scheme here at St Mary’s Catholic High School, Chesterfield.
You can choose how and when you help – perhaps you can act as a career and education role model, provide work experience, become a mentor in person or online, or help with donations, fundraising or even apply to become a governor.
It doesn’t matter when you left us, whether you’re in further education or employment, whether you still live nearby or have moved further away, there are still ways you can help.
In order to sign up, just follow this link and fill in the online form – we promise it will only take a couple of minutes.
St Mary’s Catholic High School will always strive to be:
• A Community which provides excellent education rooted in the Catholic faith and Christian values.
• A Community of well-disciplined, hardworking individuals where each member is valued and respected
for who they are and what gifts they bring.
• A Community with a keen focus on excellent teaching and learning, which engages and develops
the potential of all within it.
• A Community which is well respected by those around it, near and far, for its high standards,
openness and support of others.
To help us further we are building an alumni community because:
• We want to engage our alumni to act as agents for social justice for our own vulnerable and disadvantaged students
here at St Mary’s in order to promote aspiration at every level.
• We have world class alumni and St Mary’s want to be a world class organisation. We need to harness the expertise
and guidance of our alumni to help us market our school appropriately to promote our mission of holistic education,
academic attainment and religious formation.
• To tap the knowledge & experience of our alumni to support projects to further develop St Mary’s.
• To develop bespoke work experience opportunities as finding appropriate work experience can be a huge
barrier to social mobility with certain professions off-limits
Thank you – together we will be able to achieve so much more