Dear Parents/Carers of Year 11

I am writing to you following the government announcement yesterday evening regarding the delay in lifting restrictions and how this will affect Year 11 Prom 2021. Due to the delay in easing all
restrictions until Monday 19th July 2021, it is with regret and sadness that I must inform you that the Year 11 Prom will be cancelled this year. I wish to reassure you that all payments for the Prom will be refunded in due course.

I appreciate that this news will be very upsetting for all the pupils who were looking forward to Prom, and whilst we wanted nothing more than to give them the send-off they deserved, this is not possible in the current climate.

We hoped to see all the pupils for one last time in person to celebrate their excellence throughout their journey with us at St Mary’s and we are saddened that this is no longer a possibility. We want to take this opportunity to wish all our pupils the very best for the future. We look forward to seeing you all on GCSE Results Day 2021. Please keep in touch, we look forward to hearing all about your successes in the future.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Yours faithfully

Miss L Hood                                      Mr A Breedon
Head of Key Stage 4 (Acting)        Assistant Head Teacher