Dear former students

I do hope you are safe and well. It seems such a long time ago now that you left school!

I am planning a third attempt at offering an opportunity to collect your certificates and celebrate your successes.

I now propose a gathering on Friday 2 July at from 3pm. This should be much simpler than our previous arrangements (which sadly had to be cancelled) provided the government’s intention to have fully lifted restrictions has come in to effect. As such we should be able to have a non-staggered gathering and collection of certificates with more social norms. Buses will have departed at 2:35pm and we should have sufficient parking on the bus bay and the immediate vicinity. Please do not arrive any earlier than 3pm.

On arrival please go straight to the Drama Hall Foyer and collect your certificate envelope. You will then be able to gather and chat in the Drama Hall or outside. Light refreshments will be provided.

I propose that, all being well you could make this date an opportunity to catch up and socialise afterwards and that Miss Errington, Mrs Smith and I could join you too. I have made this suggestion to your former Head Boy and Head Girl and they think this could be a good idea.

I must say, writing this letter, I am really looking forward to being able to see each one of you again!

Please confirm your attendance or the attendance of a nominated person (to collect certificates on your behalf)  by emailing Mrs Davies at adavies@stmaryschesterfield.org.uk by Monday 28 June to give us an idea of numbers.

Yours faithfully

Mr Bradley

Assistant Headteacher